Innovation combined with trusted experience brings exciting new drilling products and services to PDAC 2018
SALT LAKE CITY – February 14, 2018 – With PDAC 2018 fast approaching, Boart Longyear—the world’s leading provider of drilling services, equipment, and performance tooling—will make an impact on the exploration and mining community with several new product introductions to help customers drill better.
Boart Longyear is one of more than 1,000 exhibitors at the international PDAC event being held in Toronto, Canada on March 4-7, 2018. Each year, PDAC—the Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada—holds this international convention, trade show and investors exchange attracting 24,000 attendees from 130 countries.
“We have participated in and supported PDAC for a number of years as it is a great place to network with industry professionals and to introduce our latest technologies and solutions,” said Pat Nill, Boart Longyear Vice President – Global Products.
Bob Buto, Global Director – Commercial Drilling Services added, “We are looking forward to meeting with current and prospective customers to discuss their upcoming exploration projects. Hiring the right drilling company for an exploration program is a key component in maximizing the value proposition for the limited dollars there are to spend.”
Boart Longyear experts will be available at PDAC in Booth 101 during the exhibition to introduce the latest in drilling services, drilling products, and performance tooling. This year’s showcase includes:
- TruScan Innovative Core Scanning Technology: Capture and access accurate, real-time geological data at the exploration site as the core is drilled. Utilizing innovative XRF technology specifically built to scan rock, Boart Longyear’s Drilling Services uses TruScan to provide geologists with non-destructive, accurate, high-density elemental concentration data for same-day continuous analysis of the drill core.
- Health and Safety Training: On Saturday, March 3, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Brian Maeck, Boart Longyear’s Global Director – Environment, Health & Safety, will be amongst the experts presenting at this year’s session on health and safety in mineral exploration. Participants will gain a better understanding of how to assess the risks and incorporate action plans to keep safety top of mind and minimize incidents.
- Drilling Services: Boart Longyear Drilling Services professionals will be on hand at PDAC to answer questions about the company’s range of drilling service expertise, capabilities, and fleet of equipment.
- XQ Drill Rods: The XQ rod features an innovative self-aligning thread start geometry, ensuring mating threads engage smoothly, without wedging or jamming. Smooth starting, in combination with case hardening, significantly improves productivity and wear life.
- LongyearTM Bits: An innovative and versatile new line of diamond coring bits. Using novel metallurgy, Boart Longyear has successfully created a chemical bond between diamond and matrix, which is stronger than the diamond itself. These bits are engineered to drill faster, last longer, and outperform existing bit technology for increased productivity throughout the entire operation, and ultimately more core.
About Boart Longyear
Established in 1890, Boart Longyear is the world’s leading provider of productivity solutions for diamond coring exploration, reverse circulation, large rotary, mine dewatering, oil sands exploration, production and sonic drilling services. The Company also manufactures, markets, and services reliable drill rigs, drill string products, innovative down-hole instrumentation tools, and quality parts.
Boart Longyear is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in Sydney, Australia (ASX:BLY). More information about Boart Longyear can be found at www.boartlongyear.com. To get Boart Longyear news direct, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.